<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7883818232766438923?origin\x3dhttp://jillybeans.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, September 28, 2009
[ my dutch weekend ]

Friday we flew to Dusseldorf airport in Germany, and bussed to Nijmegen, Holland from there.
Stayed at the Mercure Hotel (I didn't know it was international!).
Walked around for a bit then had dinner at this place where they served Soto Ayam! And it tasted like the one in Singapore too! Kinda.

Saturday breakfast at Delifrance, then walked around taking in all the sights and sounds of the open market. There's so much... I don't know... Culture. From the people to the buildings. And there're bits and pieces of the Indonesian heritage as well (hence the Soto). I bought a leopard print bag for 7 Euros. Actually, Johan's dad bought it for me. Had dinner at a Chinese restaurant. We had lots of food, including Nasi Goreng and Rendang. Imagine that!

Sunday morning bus back to Germany, plane back to Gothenburg, and a 3 hour car ride back to Linköping. Boo!
I had a great weekend, in a great city, with great company. :)

Click picture to view album.


Jill 12:07 AM .: 2 comments :.


profile
who. jill symons
when. 30th october
what. student
where. sweden
why. because i can
contact me


photos


links


i spy


archives